Charbella nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Some background: Liebster is a German word, meaning favourite, dearest or beloved and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
So the five I nominate are:
1.The Mirabilia Stitcher because it is so much fun to see her beautiful creations as they appear.
2. Buttons 'n Bows for two reasons: 1. She's a blogging newcomer, and 2. The pictures of her quilting blocks are gorgeous.
3. Stitching Daze because Tama always seems to find the most interesting things to stitch.
4. Gatchastitch 'cause she has the coolest geek patterns ever!
5. Sense and Stitchability because of the lovely journeys she takes through her patterns, posting the WIP pictures as she goes.
As for five facts:
1. I met my husband LARP-ing, when I played an NPC who was 'sold' to him as a potential wife.
2. I took ballet lessons when I was little because I wanted to dance with Mikhail Baryshnikov (that unfortunately didn't happen).
3. I'm really bad at sticking with one project until it's finished (but I'm getting better).
4. I love thunderstorms and falling snow, as long as I don't have to be out in it. Especially driving in it.
5. I get all these grand ideas of what to do for presents or gifts, but most of the time they don't work out due to either time or money constraints.