Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another night of pain and fun

Had my first and second lesson with Zattana at the new place. She's now giving lessons at a Pilates studio and they have this small yoga room that's pretty good for dancing in even if it's a bit small, but it has wood floor, a mirror and a ballet bar running down one side of it. In the Begining technique class, we were doing hip slides, the Egyptian Walk Step, and getting a feel for the music becaudse she stated that dancers are the physical representation of the music. If there's a deaf person in the audience, they should be able to 'hear' the music by what the dancer is doing.

Then in the Choreography class, I got the last little bit of our Filii Nedhardi choreography in my dance journal so I can practice that at home. I am proud to say that my Dance Paws worked out quite well for dancing. There wasn't that many in the class tonight, and in the beginning technique, there was only four of us with two being from the various Pilates classes. To give a better idea, in the choreography class, there's normally about 10-12 dancers but tonight there was only 5. The weather and prior commitments had a lot to do with that, and I think a couple of the girls were sick.

Finished Equal Rites and I figured out what I didn't like about it. It was the little girl. Sure she's only 9, but I still wanted to spank her and stand her in a corner more than once. But now, I'm enjoying Men at Arms a great deal.

This weekend is the International Hermit and Stitch weekend, and I plan on doing a great deal on both "Beware" and "Royalty."

No comments: