Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bouncing Belly on Thursday Nights!

Tonight was fun!

First was the race from work to get to the studio on time (and I made it with enough time to change my pants as I'd worn a tank top to work). Then there was two of us again in the Begining class, which is fun because then Zattana can spend a lot of time between her students, giving advice and pointers while also showing me what I'm doing wrong. Again, we were doing zill drills with threes, clumps, and this time, fours added in. I'd say we were doing them at about half speed to what they should be at. To add even more fun, we had an Egyptian hip step we were doing for the threes, and then hip moves for the clumps and fours. That was a lot of fun even if my threes wanted to go Right-Left-Right then Left-Right-Left. I will get my hands trained! I swear!

Then for the Intermediate class, there were six of us, and before the class started, we were asking Zattana about various workshops and conventions that will be held around us that are very good to go to on our level. That was about a ten minute discussion with a few workshops that caught my attention. I'm not sure I'll have the money to go to them, but I will try to see which ones I can go to. I definitely want to go to the Great Lakes Belly Dancing Convention in November.

Once class started, we worked on the embelished hip drops. My problem is that my hip wanted to come up after the turn to do the drop again, but it had to stay low and level, making it less of a drop from the arm down to a drop from the waist down. That was most of the class as well as running through our Filii Nedhardi choreography. After that, for a bit of fun, Zattana showed us a few moves and we had a lot of fun doing them.

She's hoping to perform the Filii Nedhardi in the next few months, so I asked about costuming. Her response was "Not cabaret, but you can mix it up a bit as long as it's not a dress." So I'm going to have some fun trying to figure out what to do for an outfit for it. *Laughs* I don't really want to do just pants and a sports bra, but maybe I might get out my rare sewing to play around a bit. I'm definitely going to be looking up tribal costuming on line to see what I can toss together.

No comments: